Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Funeral Insight

I've been wanting to write about this for a while, and figured now was as good of a time as any. I'll go ahead and cut right to the chase. Am I the only one who has thought, and still often thinks, about my own funeral? And I don't mean I think about a fear of dying and being buried and that sort of thing. The types of thoughts I'm referring to involve being about to see one's own funeral.

Sometimes I wish that I could somehow die now only to be able to see my own funeral. I want to know how it would be. Who would be there. Or maybe more significantly, who WOULDN'T be there. What would people say? How would they act? Who would cry genuine tears of loss (Aside from my parents and various family members. They don't count. They're supposed to cry.)?

I guess what I wish I could do is be one of those people on television shows who die and then their ghost watches everyone react and cope with their death. Don't be mistaken, I'm not saying I want to die; only that I wish I could know how people would take it. I suppose that's selfish in some way, but I'm curious. What would it mean to YOU? How would YOU react?

Feel free to post your thoughts. You can do so in complete anonymity if you wish. Or you can be among those who I know visit my site on a daily basis yet never reply.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey homey,

Interesting thoughts...

When did you start blogging?