Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Who are you?

I'm not sure where this could go today. This so-called life I've been leading has been quite the roller coaster ride these past few weeks. Emotions from both ends of the spectrum and all points in between have made an appearance or two on a daily basis. I've gone from being happy, blissful, and ecstatic to angry, irate, and enraged, then back again. I've felt infinite sadness, melancholy, morose. I've even felt numb and void of emotion at times. But you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. That's life, and these are just a few of the emotions that come with it. We all experience these at some point, possibly even a mix of several simultaneously. What I've discerned when I'm in the middle of experiencing a fit of emotion - be it rage, sadness, happiness, whatever - is that how you react and how you allow them to influence you is what makes you who you are. So who is Patrick? I thought you'd never ask. I'm a lover. Because no matter the emotion, I still love. I still treasure the emotion that is love and all that it stands for, and I give it freely to those around me without ulterior motivation. Especially to her. Most especially to her.

I wish I had time to write more today but my schedule has chosen to disagree. Next lesson in a day or two...

No comments: