Thursday, September 6, 2007

An absolute certainty...

I think all guys can back me up on this. Well, all straight guys anyway. If you meet a girl while you're out somewhere one day or night, things go well, and you get her number, it's as much of a surety as death and taxes that she will not answer the phone when you call her for the first time. As I'm sure you all remember from a previous post, I met a girl while I was out at my favorite watering hole (The Flying Saucer, www.beerknurd.com) (shameless plug) on Sunday night, and things went well enough that I was able to get her number. Well, I called her last night for the first time, knowing full well that I'd be leaving a voicemail because she was not going to answer the phone. Of course, I was right.

I left a nice, casual voicemail explaining how much I enjoyed meeting her Sunday night, and that I'd be interested in getting to know her more. I wasn't sure if she'd call me back, because for all I know she may have just played nice and then given me a fake number. I had no way of telling whether or not the number was authentically hers, because the voice on the other end of the line was a computer, not her personal message. I must admit for a split second I thought I had been played. However, to my delight she returned my call within the hour. We talked briefly (about 5 minutes) about how each other's week was going, etc. She said she was busy the next few days, but that she'd like to go out next week. I think we're going to shoot for Wednesday. Could this be just another conquest, or could I possibly be looking at relationship material here? Only time will tell I suppose (and this blog). Stay tuned boys and girls.

No comments: