Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Trying to Locate the Pause Button


Salutations! Happy Wednesday to you and yours. It is Wednesday, isn't it? I half-heartedly question that because things have been a bit of a blur lately. So much to say, so little time. Let me beg you to bequeth me your patience today and I'll try to make this post as coherent as possible. Deal? Good. Now, where was I?...

What a nice, extended weekend this past weekend was (extended if you work at a bank such as myself, or a Federal institution). I would be remiss if I did not thank the Veterans among you for all you have done and continue to do so that I may live in freedom to post this blog.

In as few words as possible, the weekend recap: Carolina-State football game (It was one of the better games I've seen in a while, though nothing will top Boise State-Oklahoma.), American Gangster (Denzel should get an Oscar on the mantle.), evening with girlfriend (Can it get any better?), Developing a potential billion dollar idea while sitting with my best friend at a bar in Chapel Hill (Yes, seriously.), Monday off work to do absolutely nothing (Thank you, Uncle Sam.).

A few random thoughts:

Experiencing the first period with a new girlfriend - It's like a hangover really. You have a ton of fun getting drunk, but you know you're going to pay for it later. You accept that. A girlfriend is no different. You know that along with all the benefits of having a girlfriend come those few days a month that you are going to dread. That was a joke, of course. It's really not that bad. YET. Ok, moving on...

Alicia Keys released a new album yesterday. My early though after perusing the tracks is simply ALBUM OF THE YEAR.

The first Carolina basketball game is tonight. It sure has been a loooooooong off season. Georgetown left a bad taste in the collective mouths of the Heels, and their fans. Let's go cut some nets down.

After the whirlwind of the past couple of weeks, I'm just searching for the pause button on that virtual DVR you've all known me to mention before. Unfortunately, for a nine day period starting Saturday I'll refer to simply as "The Absence", I'll be searching for the fast forward button just as desperately. For those of you who do not know what "The Absence" is, it is probably inevitable that I will blog about it sometime next week, at least once, if not multiple times, out of pure frustration and uneasiness. So stay patient, dear readers.

Here I go again, wishing my life away...

I'll leave you with a few words from Alicia Keys' new record:

I don't wanna forget the present is a gift
And I don't wanna take for granted the time
you may have here with me
'Cause Lord only knows another day is
not really guaranteed.

So every time you hold me
Hold me like this is the last time
Every time you kiss me
Kiss me like you'll never see me again
Every time you touch me
Touch me like this is the last time
Promise that you'll love me
Love me like you'll never see me again.

No comments: