Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fork in the Road

We all, at various times in our lives, come to a metaphorical crossroads. Some of these are largely insignificant - what to eat for dinner, for example - while others are potential life-altering decisions that will no doubt bear consequences and outcomes that linger for days, weeks, months, and even years into the future. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm writing this, and you deserve an explanation, no matter how brief or incomplete. I, myself, have arrived at a crossroads. It is to me, as large and significant as can possibly be (without being a matter of life and death of course). Major life-altering decision(s) will be made in the very near future. I'm in the midst of a time that most would associate with the emotions of nervousness, tension, anxiety and fear, among other feelings. Yet here I stand on the precipice, looking out at the world in front of me, the weight of the world on my shoulders, in the face of great uncertainty, and I am unafraid. A tremendous leap of faith will be required soon. That excites me.

More soon, as necessary...

No comments: