Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Maxims to live by...

So, I took a few days to gather my thoughts on this, my list of maxims to live by, and I thought I'd share them here with you. I'll keep it short and simple today.

1) Be myself, unabashedly so. If you don't like who I am, fine, that's your problem.

2) Take chances, take lots of them. No one ever did anything great while worrying about the consequences.

3) Be brutally honest. Don't sugarcoat anything. Call a spade a spade. Either people can take it or they can't, but they'll respect you more for your honesty.

4) Stop being TOO NICE. Sure, be nice, be a gentleman. But if someone does something that pisses you off, call them on it.

5) Don't be a doormat just because a woman has a vagina. This one should be self-explanatory.

6) Put myself before others. Be a bit selfish sometimes. I've worried about others and done everything I can for everyone I care about for too long, while asking for nothing in return. Being selfless has a price. Sometimes that price is pain, and the sacrifice of my own happiness.

7) Don't feel sorry for myself. No excuses.

8) If I want something, go get it. Want my novel - and the ones that will follow to be bestsellers? Put in the extra effort. Want to date a ten? Ask and ye shall receive. No one ever got anything they wanted simply by wishing for it, it took action.

9) Don't overthink a situation to the point of making it more difficult than it is. Keep it simple.

10) To build off of #9, don't think at all sometimes. Have fun without worrying about the outcome.

I think all of these are very valuable ideas and methods to live by. I think that following them as closely as possible should improve my life overall. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty decent list "Raleigh Bachelor" I do agree and have personally already been living my life by #'s 1,3,& 4 but especially 3... it can bite you though so be careful, it doesnt always turn out like Dr. House either only he gets away with it all the time.