Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Highlights

I came home Friday night, packed a bag, and headed right back out to spend the weekend in Chapel Hill, not to return until late Monday night because the government gave us bankers the day off to celebrate dead Presidents.

The following are a few of the highlights:

1) Watched The History of Sex on the History channel over a bottle of pinot noir. I won't go into the details of the historical beliefs and events presented in this documentary, but let's just say it was anything but a turn on.

2) Went almost completely ethnic for weekend dining: Thai and Japanese were the cuisines of choice. I say almost because the barbeque sandwich, cheese fries and cold beer I had at Linda's on Franklin Street wasn't exactly ethnic, although what it did to my stomach made it feel that way.

3) Dropped Heather in the floor while performing an impromptu dance number following our meal at the bar with my best friend whose name also happens to be Patrick, and his girlfriend whose name also happens to be Heather (I hope that didn't confuse you too much. If you're keeping track at home that's two Patricks and two Heathers). You learn a lot about a girl when you drop her in the floor in public. She laughed it off = she's a keeper.

4) Heather had to get up at 7:30 on Saturday morning to get recertified for CPR administration. It's good to know she could save my life if she had to.

5) A M.A.S.H. unit of Tar Heel regulars, but mostly reserves, absolutely destroyed Virginia Tech. No worries there.

6) Went to brunch at The Weathervane for mom's birthday. It's funny how time flies and as you get older you realize you aren't that much different from your parents. Is she really 56?

7) Spoke to Tar Heel power forward/shooting guard Marcus Ginyard as he was getting off the escalator at the mall. Seemed like a pretty nice dude, as I would have expected.

8) One of the crazy ex's sent me multiple questionable text messages Friday night. If you're reading this and you know it was you. Call me. I'm worried about you. I hope everything is ok.

9) Thought about trading the whip in for a Lotus Elise seen here:

Heather is talking me out of it.

10) Duke lost. Thank you Deacons.

11) I'm definitely going to have to get a Macbook like the one I keep stealing from Heather. The writing seems to go so much easier outside the four walls of the house where I can find inspiration far easier.

12) Did you guys see the Lindsay Lohan pictures she posed for that are in The New Yorker? Good Lord. Connecting the dots would be a fun game, that's all I'm going to say.

No comments: