Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who I am, who I hope to be, and who I never will be

Who I am: My name is Patrick. I'm a 26 year old white male. I'm a corporate banker. I'm smart, I'm educated. I'm an intellectual. I'm honest, genuine, and caring. I have a bigger heart than anyone you will ever meet. I'm an idealist. An optimist. I believe things should happen the way they do in the movies. I'm a hopeless romantic. I'm a lover. I'm a singer (in the shower). I'm the world's biggest Tar Heel fan. I'm a good son, a great friend, and an even better boyfriend and lover, if you're ever lucky enough to call me that. I'm a cook. I'm a writer. I'm a drummer. I'm a golfer. A skydiver. I'm a neat freak. I'm patient. I'm a perfectionist, an ambitionist, a dreamer. A fighter. A chance taker. I'm just me.


Who I hope to be: Patrick Cox, author. A philanthropist. A great husband. A superior father. World's best grandfather; great grandfather if I'm lucky.

Who I never will be: A snob. A liar. A cheater. A doctor or a lawyer. A rich man. A violent person. A short-tempered person. A womanizer. A coward. A bad friend. An elitist. A Crocs wearer. A Nascar fan. A person who looks for the easy way out and takes it. A pessimist. A person rooted in certain, sure things.

I'm sorry that I cannot be all the things you want me to be. But I am Patrick, and I think that's a pretty good start.

No comments: